5 tips to successfully work from home
Working at home seems glamorous, but the fact is that it can be really difficult to actually... work. Even without a kiddo saying "nom nom" every five minutes, dishes & laundry hover over me throughout the day. Andd even if you are the OCD person that I am, Grey's Anatomy can quickly become a 24/7 thing if you're not careful!
Don't even for one second get me wrong. I am absolutely the happiest person that I get to stay at home with J. I am so thankful to be able to be creative every single day, whenever I want.
It can be easy to not maximize the time you do have. That's why I have five things that you should try to boost your productivity working from home!
1) take time in the morning to yourself - read, pray, journal, stretch or exercise. This might me waking up an hour earlier than everyone in your house. Taking my time to myself in the morning clears my mind & sets my sights on my goals for the day!
2) get dressed - you don't have to go the whole nine yards with make up & hair, but I believe getting dressed into something other than yoga pants makes a world of difference. I usually hop into some leggings & a hoodie. However, I think a little mascara or lip stick is the boost I need some days!
3) figure out a schedule/ routine that works for you - figure out what times of the day you are the most productive & put your head down & work then! I used to try to squeeze in some work before noon, but that's when J is most active & I try to spend it hanging with her & doing housework. Once she goes down for her nap, I get to work! I'm able to get 2 ish hours of work done uninterrupted.
I then squeeze in some when Dylan gets home or after she goes to sleep. I'm writing this blog post with her awake & playing in front of me!
4) give yourself grace - some days it is easier than others & you will be super productive. Other days you will wonder where the time went & that is okay, too.
5) get moving - J & I try to get out in the mornings before her nap, whether that's the park, library, or even groceries. After her nap we sometimes take walks or will go for a run. I always feel better about getting some fresh air or getting my body moving. Taking breaks in the day help boost your efficiency & help you be more productive.
There you have it! Those are some of the things I've learned & try to implement every single day. Find a schedule that works for you! The day can look like whatever you want it to look like! Make it happen & make it good!
What are some of your tips for working at home?! Tell me in the comments!